Saturday, July 26, 2008
character, character, character
" "Character is what you are in the dark when no one but God is watching," writes Randy Alcorn. "Anyone can look good in front of an audience, or even in front of their friends," he continues. "It's an entirely different thing to stand naked before God, to be known as you truly are on the inside." We don't define a person's true character by the image that person wishes to convey or the reputation he or she hides behind, but by the choices and decisions that person has made and makes each day. It takes real wisdom to observe a person's character. It also takes time. William Davis writes, "Your reputation is learned in an hour, you character does not come to light for a year" "
-
I Kissed Dating Goodbye, Joshua Harrishow imperfect I am. I see the potter's hand at work =)
MEEKNESS has been God's message to me for the past week. as i told chubs, God really yearns to see me come to Him to exchange all my burdens, anxieties, die-die-must-succeed mentality, etc etc. for His strength. it sounds so unfair right?! yet He's soooo willing to do just that. I really need God to teach me meekness, so that i can live in & depend on His strength. sweet surrender to the Omnipotent one.
AND, i need to recognise that Satan's attacking fiercer than ever. he's a tricky one.. had me blinded and oblivious for SO LONG. ugh.
but today, the tables have turned.
its my turn to remind him of his future.
sweet surrender, total dependence. meekness.
i need to slow down, before my engines die on me.
i need to, before i crash and burn.
i
desperately need to refuel, before I continue on this journey, & among all the stations, His is the best pitstop.
i blogged @
10:29 AM